Perspectives on Music: Ideas and Theories
Price:750 INR /38 USD
Credits: Copyright :
In a series of essays, Ashok Da. Ranade attempts to examine Indian music in dimensions offered by various disciplines such as education, history, religion, yoga, popular culture, mass media, philosophy, musicology and studies of regional contribution to the overall Indian achievement.
Some of these essays have been published in national and international journals - but all of them have been re-written to enable inclusion of new data and tightening of presentation.
Extract of description taken from book jacket.
1. Performing Exchanges: A Conceptual Inquiry with reference to the Indo-Iranian experience.
2. Popular Music
3. Confluence Music: The sixth category
4. Yoga and Music
5. Divinity and Music: An Indian perspective
6. Saints and Music: Swami Vivekananda and Sant Gulabrao Maharaj
7. Drums of India
8. Riaz: In wider perspective
9. Shringara and Music: Vaishnava ethos
10. Shringara to Shangara: A musical gamut
11. The emergence of musical forms